We’re looking for a strong Lead PHP (LAMP) Developer to join the team and help us keep up with all the new development requirements. You/ll get to tackle complicated functionality; work with our business owners to define new functionality; and flex your troubleshooting skills to find problems before they start (and figure out what went wrong when there is a problem). The AutoMD.com site is an intricate, highly optimized, highly scalable, object-oriented infrastructure, so you’ll need to be nimble, agile, efficient, and effective in your approach to development.
Having an example of your actual work is helpful for this position. URLs and portfolios are welcomed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This individual is responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications and to apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to design, implement and deploy mission-critical information and software applications
- Extensive experience with all aspects of the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and techniques using PHP 5.
- Excellent knowledge of relational database design and multi-tier web application architecture in conjunction with MySQL.
- Ability to implement code efficiency techniques such as reuse of common modules and identification of Opportunities for abstraction, consolidation and/or reusability.
- Experience with development and consumption of web-services (SOAP, REST, XML-RPC).
- Must possess excellent debugging and trouble-shooting techniques.
- Evaluation of feature designs and how they translate into the appropriate technology.
- Application development experience integrating large product catalog databases into front-end applications.
- Experience with version control software such as Subversion.
- Systems integration with 3rd party applications.
- Experience with testing methodologies including: regression and stress testing.
- Enforcement of best-of-breed development standards.
- Applicant must have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in design, development and deployment of web-based software applications. Flexible in working both independently and collectively in a team environment with the ability to work across multiple disciplines to achieve great results.
- Experience in previous team environments, must be able to communicate with local and offshore teams through various means of communication which include but are not limited to email, instant messages, phone calls, webex sessions.
- Must exhibit the ability to break down tasks and projects into manageable chunks within a ticketing system that can be assigned to resources within the team. Applicant should be able to manage tasks and projects and provide Updates and notifications about the state of the project or tasks during the development cycle.
- Applicant would work with Dev Manager and Project Managers to ensure that projects and tasks are accurately represented on a daily basis within a ticketing system so that stakeholders can get an accurate Birds eye view of projects/tasks and their progress.
TechJobsLA Job Fair
Tech Jobs Los Angeles 2012 is a one-day event that connects programmers, designers and other qualified candidates with recruiters and employers.
When: Saturday, July 21, 2012
Location: BLANKSPACES coworking space
[CSSBUTTON target="http://techjobsla.com" color="ff0000" float="left"]RSVP to the job fair[/CSSBUTTON]
Follwe Me on Twitter
- Web Designer (Freelance), Los Angeles
- Product Designer at WET, Burbank
- Web Developer at R&R Partners, El Segundo
- Junior Furniture Designer at MASHstudios, Los Angeles
- Assistant Apparel Designer (Entry-Level) at Mage Design, Los Angeles
- Contractor – Creative, Santa Monica
- Interactive Designer Magento, Culver City
- Social and Digital Media Manager at Petunia Pickle Bottom, Ventura
- Senior Interactive Art Director/Design Lead at Sisu, Culver City
- Freelance Web Designer at Strausberg Group, Santa Monica
This post's short url is http://LAMPjobsLA.com/LBsG