Financial Finesse, a leading provider of unbiased financial education, is looking for a systems administrator for our office in El Segundo, CA to help maintain the company’s growing network.
- Maintain and troubleshoot company’s production application servers (Apache/PHP/Tomcat). Maintain and troubleshoot company applications.
- Maintain the virtualization nodes (KVM/Open Nebula), monitor server performance and spin up additional server VMs, as necessary.
- Install new server nodes as necessary.
- Administer the production database servers (MySQL, PostgreSQL). Configure and maintain replication, backups and daily ETL scripts.
- Maintain and troubleshoot storage servers (GlusterFS).
- Configure and maintain load balancing (HA Proxy/STunnel), maintain and renew server certificates, etc.
- Maintain company DNS servers and renew company domains, as necessary.
- Configure the monitoring system (Nagios or derivative), monitor and troubleshoot server infrastructure. Review performance metrics and system logs and troubleshoot the issues.
- Maintain and reinforce system security. SA will be primarily responsible for securing the company network. Configure and maintain intrusion detection system (IDS).
- Setting up the company IT policies and procedures, maintain user access credentials (and enforcing the password policies) and train internal users on security policies and best practices.
- Help run company LAN network, manage internal storage and email servers (MS Exchange 2003).
- Assist Implementation Engineer with provisioning new clients.
- Supervise Support Technician in providing technical support to internal users.
- A minimum of 5 years of LAMP System Administration or System Engineering.
- Deep familiarity with Open Source software and LAMP Stack. Familiarity with major Linux distributions (RedHat/CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu etc.), package management (yum and/or apt-get).
- Experience running the servers in virtualized environment (KVM preferred or Xen).
- Extensive knowledge of server and network technologies, network hardware, operating systems, networking protocols. Experience with the LAMP software stack: Apache, PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL. Familiarity with nginx is a plus.
- Experience administering DB servers: MySQL and PostgreSQL. Some experience with NoSQL solutions (such as MongoDB) is a big plus.
- Experience with storage solutions, configuring RAID and NAS. Previous exposure to GlusterFS is highly preferred.
- Experience with building High Availability (HA) infrastructure and load balancing (HA Proxy/STunnel).
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking protocols and DNS is required.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve the complex issues without additional supervision.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent benefits package and competitive compensation (based on experience), performance based bonus program.
- Location: El Segundo, CA (near LAX). This is a full time position. Flexible schedule, but must work from the office location.
- Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact us about this job.
To apply: Please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com and please state ‘Systems Administrator (LAMP)’ in the subject line.
TechJobsLA Job Fair
Tech Jobs Los Angeles 2012 is a one-day event that connects programmers, designers and other qualified candidates with recruiters and employers.
When: Saturday, July 21, 2012
Location: BLANKSPACES coworking space
[CSSBUTTON target="http://techjobsla.com" color="ff0000" float="left"]RSVP to the job fair[/CSSBUTTON]
Follwe Me on Twitter
- Web Designer (Freelance), Los Angeles
- Product Designer at WET, Burbank
- Web Developer at R&R Partners, El Segundo
- Junior Furniture Designer at MASHstudios, Los Angeles
- Assistant Apparel Designer (Entry-Level) at Mage Design, Los Angeles
- Contractor – Creative, Santa Monica
- Interactive Designer Magento, Culver City
- Social and Digital Media Manager at Petunia Pickle Bottom, Ventura
- Senior Interactive Art Director/Design Lead at Sisu, Culver City
- Freelance Web Designer at Strausberg Group, Santa Monica
This post's short url is http://LAMPjobsLA.com/dRCk