Aviesta is looking for a mid-level PHP (LAMP) developer to join our engineering team and help build out the next phase of our rapidly growing website. We are a venture-backed subscription-commerce startup with offices in Santa Monica and Santa Barbara.* Our focus is on the Latina market in Mexico and the US.* We are the fastest growing site in our space, with more than 700,000 fans on Facebook. ??We have a fast-paced, highly collaborative, quick deployment environment. Need a developer that can lead the architecture for new applications, collaborate with the creative department on functionality requirements
Responsibility: To assist with the architecture, implementation and support of our e-commerce website. This will include 3rd party integrations with email, payment, analytics, video and fulfillment providers; implementation of design; deployments of new releases and development of custom web apps.
- PHP5 – Candidate should be a top-notch PHP developer, familiar with the latest features in PHP 5.2.X and 5.3.X.
- MySQL – Database development expertise including performance knowledge to ensure slow queries do not make their way into our production environment.
- Object Oriented Development / CS Background – Ideal candidates should understand object oriented development, and apply OO concepts to everything they do. Formal CS background or experience preferred.
- Magento EE experience is preferred, but not required.
- Mobile experience would be highly valuable.
- 2-3 years experience in Object Oriented programming in PHP 5+
- 2-3 years experience with MySQL 5+
- Fluent in either T-SQL or ANSI-SQL scripting languages
- Experience with Zend Framework a big plus
- Experience with MVC Framworks
- Web services/SOAP/REST/XML experience
- Must be comfortable working with source control and unit testing
- Expertise with apache configuration, load balancing and caching technologies*
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and solving complex problems
- Must be a team player
- Must demonstrate good communications skills
- Must be comfortable in a high-paced startup environment
- Must be familiar with, or prepared to learn, agile processes
TechJobsLA Job Fair
Tech Jobs Los Angeles 2012 is a one-day event that connects programmers, designers and other qualified candidates with recruiters and employers.
When: Saturday, July 21, 2012
Location: BLANKSPACES coworking space
[CSSBUTTON target="http://techjobsla.com" color="ff0000" float="left"]RSVP to the job fair[/CSSBUTTON]
Follwe Me on Twitter
- Web Designer (Freelance), Los Angeles
- Product Designer at WET, Burbank
- Web Developer at R&R Partners, El Segundo
- Junior Furniture Designer at MASHstudios, Los Angeles
- Assistant Apparel Designer (Entry-Level) at Mage Design, Los Angeles
- Contractor – Creative, Santa Monica
- Interactive Designer Magento, Culver City
- Social and Digital Media Manager at Petunia Pickle Bottom, Ventura
- Senior Interactive Art Director/Design Lead at Sisu, Culver City
- Freelance Web Designer at Strausberg Group, Santa Monica
This post's short url is http://LAMPjobsLA.com/UwIP