The Uprising Creative is a Los Angeles music, entertainment & lifestyle-based design and interactive agency with clients from all corners of the industry, including Kanye West, Foo Fighters, Legendary Pictures, Supra Footwear, RCA Records, Beastie Boys, Linkin Park, Justin Timberlake, Warner Brothers Records, and many more.
We’re a tight knit group of art directors, designers, web developers, and project managers with a passion for what we do. It’s a creative environment and an exciting company that’s experiencing explosive growth and has become a leader in the field, with offices in Los Angeles and London.
Our motto? Make Cool Shit.
We are currently seeking to fill the position of Senior Web Developer in our Echo Park, CA office whose key role is to deliver digital-based projects and campaigns on time and on budget. Applicants must be ready to hit the ground running and jump into projects immediately.
Applicants should be comfortable working in an agile development environment with Git-based version control and should have a creative approach to solving problems. Previous work experience in the music, entertainment, or lifestyle industries a major plus.
- Performs implementation tasks alone and/or in team environment.
- Codes web projects per technical and design specifications.
- Integrates third party and proprietary applications.
- Performs QA, browser compatibility and testing efforts.
- Perform web site maintenance tasks as necessary.
- Understands and enforces schedules.
- Serves as in-house technical contact for designated accounts.
- Understands and establishes version control (development and live) hosting environments.
- Field client maintenance requests.
- Demonstrates appropriate sense of urgency in inquiry response.
- 4+ years professional experience in web development.
- Strong HTML and CSS skills (HTML5 / CSS3 experience a plus)
- Expertise with PHP frameworks
- Database programming
- Strong knowledge of hosting environments
- Experience with the integration and implementation of 3rd party APIs and applications.
- Experience with WordPress and other CMS platforms
- WordPress custom CMS development experience
- Extensive knowledge of WP custom theme development
- Knowledge of WP custom plugin development a plus
- Experience with cross-browser and mobile optimizations
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong emphasis on pixel-perfect, standards-compliant code
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment on multiple projects
- Must be keen on strategy, collaboration and maintaining scope reqs
- Must be highly motivated, fast, precise, accountable and passionate
- Capacity to learn new technologies / programming languages quickly
- Understanding of basic graphic design principles and interaction design
- Familiarity with Macintosh OSX operating systems
Ideal candidates can work in-house in our Echo Park location full-time, however flexible schedules and project-specific / freelance applicant requirements will be considered.
Salary and benefits are competitive and based on experience. Other job perks and benefits listed below.
Applicants will be required to present real world project examples clearly illustrating their contributions to the projects, code snippets, and other reference code to showcase their experience and past work. Applicants will also be required to provide client and/or employer references.
TechJobsLA Job Fair
Tech Jobs Los Angeles 2012 is a one-day event that connects programmers, designers and other qualified candidates with recruiters and employers.
When: Saturday, July 21, 2012
Location: BLANKSPACES coworking space
[CSSBUTTON target="http://techjobsla.com" color="ff0000" float="left"]RSVP to the job fair[/CSSBUTTON]
Follwe Me on Twitter
- Web Designer (Freelance), Los Angeles
- Product Designer at WET, Burbank
- Web Developer at R&R Partners, El Segundo
- Junior Furniture Designer at MASHstudios, Los Angeles
- Assistant Apparel Designer (Entry-Level) at Mage Design, Los Angeles
- Contractor – Creative, Santa Monica
- Interactive Designer Magento, Culver City
- Social and Digital Media Manager at Petunia Pickle Bottom, Ventura
- Senior Interactive Art Director/Design Lead at Sisu, Culver City
- Freelance Web Designer at Strausberg Group, Santa Monica
This post's short url is http://LAMPjobsLA.com/rv3I