The Senior Software Engineer will help build next generation enhancements for monetizing traffic at scale. The environment is already handling over 280 million unique visitors every month. The Senior Software Engineer will have the ability to write robust code that handles massive data sets in real time. Deep, practical experience with Ruby is required. Experience with other open source scripting languages like Perl, Python, or PHP are strong pluses. C++ knowledge will be helpful.
- Design, develop, and maintain code that scales wide and deep for modular Internet infrastructure.
- Work closely with affected team to design requirements.
- Write thorough, comprehensive technical and high-level documentation.
- Write and document complete unit test cases to ensure high code quality.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure others follow best coding practices.
- Ensure timely delivery or features to production.
- Create complete technical design documents which can be easily followed by other developers.
- Take ownership of key technology pieces.
- Continuously suggest and implement enhancements to our products.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, or equivalent additional experience.
- 5+ years of web/internet industry experience.
- Deep, practical experience with Ruby is required.
- Experience with other open source languages such as Perl, Python, or PHP are strong pluses.
- C++ knowledge will be helpful.
- Experience designing large modular systems.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Ability to lead in a challenging, fast paced, fluid environment.
- Ability to work at high level with little technical supervision.
- Strong initiative and self-directed.
- Frequently identify areas of potential improvement.
- Quickly discover and correct mistakes.
- Statistical analysis capability, to dynamically adjust real-time feedback loop parameters.
- Development and automation of report generation and key metrics to support business.
- Web form automation, web content analysis, and RESTful API data exchange.
Local candidates are encouraged. Sorry, we are unable to sponsor or transfer at this time. No 3rd party. Only qualified candidates will be responded to.
TechJobsLA Job Fair
Tech Jobs Los Angeles 2012 is a one-day event that connects programmers, designers and other qualified candidates with recruiters and employers.
When: Saturday, July 21, 2012
Location: BLANKSPACES coworking space
[CSSBUTTON target="http://techjobsla.com" color="ff0000" float="left"]RSVP to the job fair[/CSSBUTTON]
Follwe Me on Twitter
- Web Designer (Freelance), Los Angeles
- Product Designer at WET, Burbank
- Web Developer at R&R Partners, El Segundo
- Junior Furniture Designer at MASHstudios, Los Angeles
- Assistant Apparel Designer (Entry-Level) at Mage Design, Los Angeles
- Contractor – Creative, Santa Monica
- Interactive Designer Magento, Culver City
- Social and Digital Media Manager at Petunia Pickle Bottom, Ventura
- Senior Interactive Art Director/Design Lead at Sisu, Culver City
- Freelance Web Designer at Strausberg Group, Santa Monica
This post's short url is http://LAMPjobsLA.com/outH