Enjoy a good stretch? That’s great, because keeping flexible goes with the territory in our applications development department. We’re finding new ways to get more people more fit and the web is a great way to engage our clients’ employees. We’re putting new features into our legacy programs – if you consider 2 years enough time for an application to become “legacy”, and we’re also experimenting with new ideas that jump from proof-of-concept to revenue-generating faster than you can put up a new EC2 image in AWS. So, if you’re ready to engage your skills in a dynamic environment, let us know.
We want to talk with you if:
- You are a web development rockstar with a well rounded skill set of languages: Strong PHP is a must but expertise with other languages (Python, Ruby, Java, Perl, etc) are welcome as well.
- You know your way around a few frameworks (Zend, to pick a random example), you think in terms of MVC, abstraction is your middle name (that, or BLL is), you take writing useful comments in your stride, you actually prefer to use frameworks and design patterns, and you can turn complex business requirements into clean, correctly behaving code.
- You play well with others: sometimes you’ll be the tech lead on a project, responsible for everything from realizing the wireframes to writing up the deployment instructions; other times, you’ll be a big part of a small team (all our teams are small!) with a role and a goal.
- You know more than just PHP: you can branch and merge in SVN, you use other scripting languages to make things work (Python or Perl), and you know a thing or two about getting apache to work the way you want.
- You’re familiar with the security issues in web application development and you avoid the most prevalent vulnerabilities as a matter of course .
- SQL is your friend: you know when to use sub-queries and when to use joins, you haven’t met a schema you couldn’t improve, and you know off-hand most of the date functions in MySQL (yes, we use MySQL for everything here).
- You are disciplined enough to work efficiently, track your progress, meet your commitments, understand how to spend your time, and be responsible for your part.
- You are comfortable (you might say “you prefer…”) an agile environment where proofs of concept, prototypes, and partial requirements abound.
- You understand our need for quality – you’ll have some fun with our coding test, but you’ll show your finest chops so we hire you for all the right reasons: API is world-class in everything we do.
- You are driven to continually improve the way you do things, and hence the way we do things – process is good.
TechJobsLA Job Fair
Tech Jobs Los Angeles 2012 is a one-day event that connects programmers, designers and other qualified candidates with recruiters and employers.
When: Saturday, July 21, 2012
Location: BLANKSPACES coworking space
[CSSBUTTON target="http://techjobsla.com" color="ff0000" float="left"]RSVP to the job fair[/CSSBUTTON]
Follwe Me on Twitter
- Web Designer (Freelance), Los Angeles
- Product Designer at WET, Burbank
- Web Developer at R&R Partners, El Segundo
- Junior Furniture Designer at MASHstudios, Los Angeles
- Assistant Apparel Designer (Entry-Level) at Mage Design, Los Angeles
- Contractor – Creative, Santa Monica
- Interactive Designer Magento, Culver City
- Social and Digital Media Manager at Petunia Pickle Bottom, Ventura
- Senior Interactive Art Director/Design Lead at Sisu, Culver City
- Freelance Web Designer at Strausberg Group, Santa Monica
This post's short url is http://LAMPjobsLA.com/W1sA