As our Sr. Software Engineer – Technical Lead, based in our corporate offices in West Los Angeles, you will provide technical leadership, and have the opportunity to design and develop not one, but many complex interdependent systems, as well as work with various cross-functional teams, while executing and delivering in the entire life-cycle of products, for the My Life website. This seasoned Technical Lead will have the opportunity to supervise products through specification, design and development while also bringing their own hands on coding expertise to the table and lead the project and team by example.
- Providing and executing technical solutions from inception to product launch.
- Strong hands on coding experience.
- Lead and mentor software engineers in the specification, design and development of My Life’s applications.
- Develop applications for a high volume consumer website for a high-profile, nationally recognized internet company.
- Develop the next generation of applications using cutting edge Web 2.0 technologies.
- Will work with leading platforms including Java EE, Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat, MySQL, Oracle and Hadoop.
- Work closely with product management team in defining new product features and specifications.
- Work with Quality Assurance to test functional product features.
- Identify and/or evaluate emerging technologies and tools to enhance the suite of products used
- Ensure proper development of technical specifications and documentation.
- Estimate resource usage and timelines for development team.
- Review team members’ detailed design of components/modules/code.
- Advocate and reinforce agile development methodology within the IT department.
- Minimum of 10+ year’s hands-on experience developing high-volume consumer websites.
- 7+ years experience leading development lifecycle process and best practices.
- Strong in developing web applications based on J2EE technologies with JSP, Servlet, JDBC, JMX, JPA and open source frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, REST Web Services etc.
- Experience working in an agile development environment (JUnit, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, etc.).
- Hands-On execution of code review.
- Familiar with Agile SCRUM and XP practices.
- Proven track record in leading projects, including a strong hands on coder and experience successfully executing projects for a B2C base product, preferably online.
- Advanced understanding of web application programming architectures.
- Strong skills in Java based object oriented software development.
- Understanding of AJAX/Spring, Hibernate/Struts.
- Experience working with product managers and other business stakeholders to set timelines, budget resources, and manage expectations of the development process.
- Ability to participate in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-effort, dynamic work environment.
- Strong track record for delivering innovative, successful products on time, on function and on budget.
- BS in Computer Science, Master’s Degree preferred
TechJobsLA Job Fair
Tech Jobs Los Angeles 2012 is a one-day event that connects programmers, designers and other qualified candidates with recruiters and employers.
When: Saturday, July 21, 2012
Location: BLANKSPACES coworking space
[CSSBUTTON target="http://techjobsla.com" color="ff0000" float="left"]RSVP to the job fair[/CSSBUTTON]
Follwe Me on Twitter
- Web Designer (Freelance), Los Angeles
- Product Designer at WET, Burbank
- Web Developer at R&R Partners, El Segundo
- Junior Furniture Designer at MASHstudios, Los Angeles
- Assistant Apparel Designer (Entry-Level) at Mage Design, Los Angeles
- Contractor – Creative, Santa Monica
- Interactive Designer Magento, Culver City
- Social and Digital Media Manager at Petunia Pickle Bottom, Ventura
- Senior Interactive Art Director/Design Lead at Sisu, Culver City
- Freelance Web Designer at Strausberg Group, Santa Monica
This post's short url is http://LAMPjobsLA.com/7Q96